sitemeter

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Jesus

People are intrigued by Him.  People ignore Him.  People love Him.  People hate Him.  People worship Him.  People mock Him.  People do unimaginable things in His name--both beautiful things and horrific things.  People disagree about who He is and what He stands for.  People make Him who they want Him to be.  People pick and choose from His life and teachings as it suits them.  People talk about Him without ever consulting the Bible. 

With this new blog, I want to study the Jesus of the Bible.  I want to simply look at the Scriptural accounts of Jesus and learn from them, as opposed to relying on what my own preconceived ideas, emotions, desires, and culture tell me about who Jesus is. 

I want to do this by taking short passages from the gospel accounts of Jesus' life and journalling through them.  I am going to start with the book of Luke. 

I am a Christian--a follower of Jesus.  My reason for doing this is that I love Jesus and want to know Him more.  However, regardless of your beliefs and whether or not your interest is intellectual, practical, devotional, curiousity, or a combination of these things, you are welcome to join me on this journey. 

If you'd like ,you can start reading the book of Luke here: http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=luke

No comments:

Post a Comment